We provide various services (collectively referred to as “Services”) which consist of, but are not limited to, the following: any content, product or software developed or created by us that you have downloaded or are about to download, any content, product or software that you have embedded on a website or are about to embed, any applications developed / created by us and available through different platforms and social networking sites (“SNS“), any software running on MavenHut’s servers, content, related documentation, information on the MavenHut domain, and information made available by users to each other through our software.
This policy is made available via the app store or platform that you download our Services from for any website or platform where you can use our Services and on our website at www.mavenhut.com. This policy (together with our Terms of Service (“ToS”)) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We provide the Services, online and offline. You provide the equipment (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) and pay any fees to connect to the Internet and app stores, or for data or cellular usage to download and use the Services. You may also need an account with a social network, if you are using our mobile Services, an account with the company that provides your mobile applications.
By visiting our website at www.mavenhut.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, process and share information that MavenHut, through our Services, collects about you. This policy applies to:
- any software provided/used/shared by MavenHut or its advertising partners, such as games, applications, cookies, ad identifiers or similar technologies;
- all of our games, whether played online or offline, on mobile devices, PC or on other platforms such as social networking services (“SNS“);
- our advertising activities on all platforms as described below;
- other services that we may provide to you from time to time;
- our website mavenhut.com and social networking accounts;
- websites and social networking accounts for each and every Service we provide, as stated above.
As set out in the ToS relating to our Services, you must be at least 13 years old to access and/or use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information or any information about children under the age of 13.
What and How We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, fill in form, answer questions, messages sent using our chat and messaging systems, your interactions with us on our social media channels;
- information that you submit when you register for downloading, accessing, playing and/or checking our Services including your name, date of birth and e-mail address;
- information that you submit in response to a news post or discussion thread, shouts, private messages, chat rooms or through any other in-game communication channels;
- the functionality that you use through the Service, including your gameplay choices;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Services;
- details of your visits and interactions to our website, games, applications or any other Services provided by MavenHut including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, resources that you access and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform (“Technical Information”);
- if you use our Services on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect the information you provide for: the name you have associated with your device, your telephone number, your country, and your specific geolocation; and
- information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below.
You can make changes to what data a SNS shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that SNS by adjusting your settings with that third party provider.
In addition to information you provide about yourself, you may choose to share information about yourself in other content, such as in games. Any action you perform with other players is considered public, and at your own discretion.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, games and other users of our Services, to supplement your profile in compliance with all applicable laws.
Finally, in order to provide the best possible service and to allow us to make certain internal reports and make recommendations, we collect aggregate anonymous information about the use of the Services, such as browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time (“Activity Information“).
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
We use information collected to determine the kinds of content that you would like to view and to assist any advertisers in targeting their advertising.
We use information held about you (being information you give to us and/or information we collect from or about you) in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile devices;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website and the use of our Services safe and secure;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes including by interacting with advertising functionality in our Services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
- to allow you to access our Services and to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our Services, new features or new versions of the Services;
- for the purposes of compiling statistics in an anonymised manner;
- to determine whether you are in compliance with our TOS, software, games, applications or any other Services and to impose sanctions where necessary;
- for advertising activity including but not limited to making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users about goods or services that may interest you or them; and/or
- to instruct payments regarding our Services to our external partners that deal with those aspects of our business.
You understand and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose any information we may have about you and the contents of your account if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order, or to protect our rights and property, or that of our affiliates or the public.
We also use certain Technical Information and Activity Information about your computer and mobile devices and your access of the Services in order to operate, maintain and manage the Services.
MavenHut may disclose information about you to its partners in order to provide the Services, resolve service problems and correct errors in the Services, to communicate with you about the Services, to provide you with advertising and promotional information in connection with the Services, and to enhance your experience on the Services. However, we do not give our partners an independent right to share this information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Be advised that if you send messages or publically post material containing personal information, that public information may be collected and used by third parties. MavenHut does not assume any liability for the misuse of such public information by third parties.
You can terminate your account at any time, which will remove your profile and other personal information from view. MavenHut, however, may (but is not obligated to) keep information about you that is on our Services system or/and servers, following your termination, for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Please contact MavenHut to terminate your account or for any other questions about your personal information.
Transfer of Information
You may decide to provide us with another person’s email address so that person may be invited to join our Services or so that we may facilitate your communication with other people through the Services (such as when you upload an address book).
You may also provide us with another person’s contact information for purposes of delivering information through SNS. We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person that he or she has been invited to join our Services or received content through an SNS. You warrant and represent that you have received that individual’s prior consent to provide their contact details to us for this purpose. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from us.
Cookies, Ad Identifiers and similar technologies
The Services may send or use “cookies”, “ad identifiers” or similar (tracking) technologies to your computer or mobile devices when you access our Services, view content through a MavenHut game or application or use an SNS.
We and third parties who advertise on our Services use these technologies to improve the quality of Services, make recommendations, make the Services easier to use for our users and for advertising activities, allow our payment partners to process your payment instructions.
A cookie is a small text file recorded on your computer or mobile device that identifies you as a unique user and contains certain small information about your particular login session and/or your use of the Services. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.
Advertising (or ad) identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal device identifiers for different platforms and SNSs.
These technologies allow the collection of technical data, such as IP address, your device’s model, operating system and screen size, the other applications installed on your device, domain names, information about how you use our Services.
You can choose to adjust your preferences on the matter, by preventing your device’s ad identifier being used for interest based advertising, or resetting your device’s ad identifier through the settings of your device. Settings vary from device to device but you will usually find the ad identifier settings under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings. You can also disable cookies through your web or phone browser settings.
If you choose to adjust your preferences in order to prevent these technologies, you may find that you cannot enjoy the full use of our Services – for which we cannot be held responsible and it does not mean you will no longer receive advertising, it only means the advertising you do see will be less relevant to your interests.
Use of Information
Third-Party Advertising Companies
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads for our Services, on any platform that we use. Our system and the third-party advertising technology uses information derived from Activity Information set out above, cookies and ad identifiers, your visits to our Services, from our software, games applications that you view and the SNS you use, to target advertising within our site, games or SNS or others. In addition, our advertisers may use other third-party advertising technology to target advertising on our site and other sites. In the course of advertisements being served to you, a unique third-party cookie or cookies, ad identifiers or similar technologies may be placed on your computer or mobile device. Similarly, third-party advertising companies may provide us with pixel tags (also called “clear gifs” or “beacons”) to help manage and optimize our advertising. Beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the site on which the beacon is located, and to learn which banner ads bring users to a given site.
Our Services do not provide any personal information to third-party advertising companies. Note, however, that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to users with certain characteristics (for example, women aged 18-24) or a segment of that group (for example, women aged 18-24 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the third-party advertising company may conclude that you have the characteristics of the audience that they are trying to reach.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we collect about you.
As a data subject you have the right:
- to know what information we hold about you;
- to correct personal information;
- to ask us to delete some information or to have such information updated; and
- to deactivate accounts on our Services.
In any of the above cases, we please ask you to contact us and tell us your request. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity, to charge a fee (subject to statutory limits) for exercising this right of access or to impose other legal limits.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We take the following steps to help keep Personal Information secure:
- we encrypt data transmissions;
- we have reasonable measures in place to protect the physical security of records we store on our premises;
- we restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, agents and other trusted business partners of MavenHut (and its affiliates) who need to know that information in order to process it for us for the purposes described above, and who are subject to confidentiality and/or employment agreements; and
- we take steps to ensure that adequate levels of data protection are provided in any country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to or in which we may transfer or maintain your personal information.
Third Party Material
We accept no liability howsoever arising for the content, accuracy or reliability of any third party materials or websites, or any part of them, which may be referenced from time to time by link or other means at this site or for the data collection and use practices or security measures exercised by third parties.
International Transfers and Data Storage
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and Contact